Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Single Life in Sunny South Florida


Being "Single" in South Florida is amazing. Many women and men find it hard to be single in such a beautiful place. We are all looking for Mr. or Mrs. Right, the one to spend the rest of our lives with. However, I have come to realize that being at the age of 23, now is the perfect time to be single. I am exploring myself, and what I like about myself. It is so important because when you have no clue who you are or what you want, you find yourself looking for love in all the wrong places. This has happened to me in my past relationships, I hadn't worked on myself enough, and just went out looking for love. I learned a very important lesson, never to look, never to want. A wise man once told me, "That the women who wants everything gets nothing, and the women who wants nothing gets everything." I guess what this means is that we as women want a man to do all the things a man should do, but we commonly bypass ourselves. I think the key to success with being single is learning to love oneself.

Even when you are not single and in a relationship, you must never lose sight of yourself and what you want. I have commonly heard people say that they cannot be without a person, the truth is if you cannot live without someone then something is wrong. I think the relationship is more of an obsession then it is real love. I can be obsessed with shoes, clothes, anything material, but when you talk about love it is different. Love in a relationship comes first from loving yourself, if your significant other left you for a year, would you make it? Of course I'd like to think you would, because when someone leaves for that long, it means its time for you to work on yourself. Explore yourself, do something you like to do, hang out with some old freinds, and do what you love to do. Being single is a great thing, it is a time to meet new people, have new friends, and explore who you really are, go to South Beach, pick up a good book, travel to a new place...Live life, love life, and take care of yourself first.

No comments:

Post a Comment