Monday, May 10, 2010

Healthy Dinner Plates for You and Others

As a women it is important to be able to cook. As I look at myself, I started to realize something, the saying that my mom used to say was right, "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach." Being a single lady who dates, I never really had to cook for anyone, but recently I decided I should get more in tune with my cooking style. And to my surprise I started cooking, and really liked it. I have always shyed away from being in the kitchen, my sisters would always say, "Girl you need to get in the kitchen! I was like, "No I think I will pass." Recently, I have been exploring cooking and new options for daily meals. That's when I really wanted to get involved in cooking, I made a dish the other day, that everybody loved. It never felt so good to cook for everyone, and then the feedback I got was great. So then I decided why not cook regularly? I mean it's so much fun when you get creative and come up with new dishes. A guy I was dating asked me, "Do you know how to cook?" And boy was I so happy to tell him, "Of course, and one day you should have dinner with me, and guess what its all on me!" So I have a dinner date, in which I will be cooking for him, and any one else who wants a taste of this good ole'cooking.

So ladies what I am trying to say is, get in the kitchen and don't be shy. Start off with something easy, like making a pot of rice, seasoning some tilapia fish(always easy to make) and vegetables. Once you finish that you can bake a cake from scratch or make one from the box...whatever you do make it pretty and make sure it tastes good. And I promise you, you will only get better, and your date, boyfriend, girlfriend, and or friends will love you. Step one is to take a easy recipe and get started, who knows you might be the next Emeril Lagasse! And don't forget the strawberries and chocolate!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment