Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Power of a Good Movie

First and foremost, hello to all my fans. I have been so busy with school and working on my various projects, that my passion to write these blogs has been a bit delayed. But I come with some exciting new advice after the events that took place last night. To begin, well last night was a semi-great night overall, it started like this, my lovely mom and sisters decided we wanted to watch a movie. Knowing us, you know how hard it is to agree on a movie...but finally we found one that was...well, something we could all agree on. Ironically, the movie was called, "My Sister's Keeper."  The title itself basically gives you a hint of what the movie was about, but what I didn't know was the kind of effect this movie was going to have on me after it was over. Often times we watch movies and have no clue or understanding as to what made us choose the movie or what intrigued us about the movie. But after seeing this movie I was moved in every single way imaginable.

Just to give you a synopsis of the movie: It's about a young girl who is battling a severe type of cancer, so her parents decide to have a child constructed to aide her, by donating her organs to her sister, however there is one problem, as the sister who donates her organs gets older (age 11) she doesn't want to be her "Sister's Keeper" anymore. The movie had so many unexpected twists and turns, however I think what the most powerful lesson I learned was the beauty of the family. A family with a number of unparalleled problems, and a mom who is struggling to handle the situation the best way she knows how, yet the most important aspect of the movie had to be the love of the siblings to one another. I couldn't help to cry the whole movie, I was literally in tears throughout the whole movie...it was just that good. I cannot give the whole movie away, but I will most definitely say it was a movie well worth watching....one of the best movies I have seen all year and that is very hard to say...because some of the movies that come out now I don't even spend my time or my money...but this movie really took the cake. I can only describe it as life changing, life realizing, and absolutely beautifully written and portrayed.

After last night, I woke up with swollen eyes and all, I used my cucumbers to pacify the swelling...but I must say what an impact that movie had on me. I guess you never really understand the power of a good movie until you see one. So I encourage you go out today or tonight and rent this movie, for the most heartfelt, touching movie you ever want to see.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this movie. It was very heartfelt and it shows the meaning for true love, and how you have to live day by day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I totally agree...I really thought it captured some important aspects of life. I am glad you liked it as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete